Monday to Thursday, Exhibitors Hall
Continental Breakfasts, Coffee Breaks and Exhibits
PHM Society Lunch, September 24, 2012, Nicollet A/B,
Welcome/Exhibitor Reception, September 24, 2012, Exhibit Hall,
Sponsored by Honeywell
PHM Conference Banquet, September 26, 2012, Mill City Museum
Sponsored by Northrop Grumman
Mill City Museum is built into the ruins of the Washburn A Mill, along the Mississippi River in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The original A Mill, built in 1874, was leveled by a flour dust explosion which destroyed much of the riverfront business area, cutting Minneapolis’ milling capacity in half. The A Mill was rebuilt by 1880, with state-of-the-art machinery and became the largest and most technologically advanced mill in the world. During its heyday, it was said that the mill ground enough flour to make 12 million loaves of bread a day. As technology and consumer preferences evolved, the A Mill became obsolete, and was shut down in 1965. In 1991, it was nearly destroyed by fire. During the late 1990s, the Minneapolis Community Development Agency cleaned up the rubble and fortified the walls. Shortly thereafter, the Minnesota Historical Society announced its plan to develop a museum on the site.
Buses plan to leave Hyatt beginning at 5:30pm on Wed. Sept. 26.Guests will arrive at Mill City at 6pm for a cocktail reception followed by a sit down dinner.
Buses will return to the Hyatt beginning at 10pm.
Travel and Sight Seeing
Visit Twin Cities Where magazine (http://www.greenspring.com/publications/where.html) for details and directions for local attractions:
1. MSP Tours: www.msptours.com
2. Award-Winning City Tours: www.awardwinningcitytours.com
3. Canoe or Kayak over St Anthony Falls or Fort Snelling: www.abovethefallssports.com
4. Nice Ride Minnesota: www.niceridemn.org
5. Segway Tours: www.humanonastick.com
6. Shopping and indoor fun: http://www.mallofamerica.com/home. Take the light rail from the Minneapolis downtown or the airport to get to Mall of America (http://metrotransit.org/light-rail.aspx )
Other Local Resources
1. Minneapolis St Paul vacations: http://www.vacationfun.com/ebrochures/MinneapolisStPaul/iBrochure12/Metr...
2. Explore Minnesota: http://www.exploreminnesota.com/where-to-go/minneapolis-st-paul-area/min...
3. Twin Cities Gateway Things to do http://www.tcgateway.com/things-to-do
4. Twin Cities museums: http://www.yelp.com/search?cflt=museums&find_loc=Twin+Cities%2C+MN .
Many of the museums are within walking distance from the conference hotel. The Walker Art museum and the Minneapolis sculpture garden are within a mile from the Hyatt.
5. Online coupon book for museums, tours, restaurants:
6. City pages: http://www.citypages.com/calendar/
Transportation from MSP Airport
• Airport info http://www.mspairport.com/
• Airport Taxi
• Super Shuttle http://www.airportshuttles.com/supershuttle-minneapolis.php?gclid=CLimu7...
• Light Rail http://metrotransit.org/light-rail.aspx