- Convey Intent for Submission: August 31, 2014 - (Authors need to convey intent through email by sending the title and abstract)
- Deadline for Submission: November 30, 2014 (extended)
Topics of Interest
- Uncertainty representation, quantification, and management
- Data-driven and model-based approaches for PHM
- Probabilistic and non-probabilistic approaches for PHM
- Condition-based monitoring and maintenance
- Uncertainty in structural health monitoring
- Uncertainty in diagnostics and prognostics
- System identification and spatial-temporal estimation
- Stochastic prediction of loading and operating conditions
- Strategies for sensor placement and design
- Signal processing and filtering techniques for PHM
- Measures and metrics for prognostic performance assessment
- Verification and validation under uncertainty
- Risk informed decision-making under uncertainty
- Quantification of risk and risk measures
This Call For Papers solicits research articles that discuss the start-of-the-art techniques in the topic of uncertainty quantification and management in the field of prognostics and health management. The goals of this special issue are to create an open forum for discussing new methods and approaches for uncertainty quantification in PHM, and enhance the overall understanding regarding the treatment of uncertainty in prognostics, with an emphasis on practical engineering applications from various disciplines such as aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering, structural engineering, civil engineering, electrical engineering, nuclear engineering, etc.
Full-Length Regular Papers: Regular papers should describe new and carefully confirmed findings. Experimental procedures and results should be given in detail sufficient for others to replicate the work.
Technical Briefs: Technical briefs describe a single result, experiment, or technique of general interest in short manuscripts enough to describe experimental procedures and clearly, and interpret the results in the context of other research.
Communications: Communications are short manuscripts that include (but are not limited to) rebuttals and/or counterexamples of previously published papers and are suitable for recording the results of complete small investigations or giving details of new models or hypotheses, innovative methods, techniques or apparatus.
Survey Papers: Survey papers are of a tutorial or review nature covering emerging research topics in PHM or describe the best current practice, detailed characteristics and performance. These papers cover areas of general interest.
Special Issue Editors:
- Shankar Sankararaman, SGT Inc., NASA Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, California, USA. email@example.com
- Sankaran Mahadevan, Professor of Civil and Mechanical Engineering, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, USA. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marcos Orchard, Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering, University of Chile, Santiago, Chile. email@example.com
- Authors convey intent through email by sending the title and abstract on or before Aug 31st.
- Prepare a manuscript as per journal submission guidelines.
- Create a submission through the website
- Select submission target as "IJPHM", a dropdown menu will appear to select "Publication Issue".
- Select "Special Issue on Uncertainty in PHM" option
- Provide all authors names and other details for the paper including the manuscript.