We’re working on the future. If you are seeking an iterative fast-paced environment where you can drive innovation, apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve extreme-scale real world delivery challenges, and provide visible benefit to end-users, this is your opportunity.
Come work on the Amazon Prime Air Team!
The Prime Air team is seeking a Sr. leader of Reliability Engineering to develop and administer the vehicle and mission-specific hardware reliability programs. Activities within these programs include:
- Reliability models and budgets
- Component failure prognostics
- Component, subassembly, subsystem, vehicle qualification and life test programs
- DfR (Design for Reliability) initiatives with the vehicle design teams
- Flight test and aviation agency certification support
The candidate will have a long track record of successfully developing and deploying reliability programs for high volume, high complexity products in the Aerospace, Industrial, or High Tech industries.
This leader will lead his/her teams through rapidly evolving complex demands, drive innovation, and raise IT, engineering and operational standards. The position requires a leader who will find practical and timely solutions to complicated problems without sacrificing quality or core functionality.
This position involves regular communication with executive management regarding status, risks and operational program metrics. Successful candidates will be strong leaders who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery.
Export Control License:
This position may require a deemed export control license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Placement is contingent on Amazon’s ability to apply for and obtain an export control license on your behalf.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in Aerospace, Aviation, Automotive or High Tech hardware reliability engineering roles
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering / Science or related field
- Strong hands knowledge of reliability prediction software
- Detailed and comprehensive knowledge of environmental, mechanical and electrical reliability tests of consumer electronics
- Strong analytical and DOE skills
- Broad range of failure analysis skills
- Extensive experience designing reliability test plans and managing the execution of those tests
- Master's degree in Reliability Engineering or related field
- Design, Manufacturing or Materials Engineering experience in the Aerospace, Aviation, or Automotive industries
- Experience developing new test standards in Aerospace or other industries
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer.