The next generation computing platform will be the car. With data from in-car sensors, a mobile internet connected car, increased computing power, and new user interfaces it will change/improve our lives. After home and work, the car for most is where we spend the most time.
NIO is much more than a car company. Yes, we are developing electric cars that will help reduce pollution and mitigate global warming, but an additional major goal is to redefine the entire user experience and deliver enjoyment beyond expectation. Data Science will play a critical role in achieving the this by using data combined with physics/math/statistics and machine learning to develop algorithms for both personalization and logistics. The team is currently small, so you will have the opportunity to not only execute on the data science vision, but to help define the data science vision.
· Be a technical mentor, thought leader, tech lead for the Data Science team in the area of Diagnostics and Prognostics
· Research and implement novel approaches to design for diagnosability, maintainability, reliability, leveraging concepts from machine learning, stochastic analysis and system modeling
· Make intelligent approximations to the model/approach if required to make it scalable and real-time.
· Utilize commonly used computing and database environments to get the data that you need and implement a working prototype of the formulated model.
· Expertise in predictive analytics/prognostics/diagnostics/statistical modeling/machine learning algorithms.
· Must have knowledge/experience in some/all of the following: Nonlinear Filtering, Multivariate Regression, Logistic Regression, Support Vector Machines, Bagging, Boosting, Decision Trees, Clustering Algorithms, Optimization, and Stochastic Processes.
· MS/PhD. degree in ME, EE, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Physics, CS or equivalent/related degree.
· 3+ years of relevant experience with a proven track record of leveraging models, data, math, statistics and machine learning to drive significant business impact.
· Impactful presentation skills, including the use of meaningful charts, graphs, or other data visualizations to convey information and results clearly and concisely.
· High-energy self-starter with a passion for your work, attention to detail, and a positive attitude.
· Experience in modeling, simulation, and data analysis of automotive systems is a plus.