The Prognostics and Health Management Society is dedicated to:
- promoting the development, growth, and recognition of prognostics and health management (PHM) as an engineering discipline;
- supporting PHM education by developing standard teaching curricula in the field;
- participating in and facilitating international scientific collaboration in connection with the advancement or application of PHM;
- advancing the theory and practice of PHM;
- establishing, presenting, managing, or organizing PHM conferences, workshops, seminars, and courses;
- publishing peer-reviewed publications concerning or related to PHM and its applications; and
- establishing, developing, or adopting standards, methods, and metrics in PHM.