Call for Participation
|Key Conference Dates|
|Application Submission Deadline||05 May 2014|
|Notification of Selections||07 Jul 2014|
|Doctoral Symposium||29 Sep 2014|
|PHM Conference Dates||29 Sep - 2 Oct 2014|
Doctoral Symposium Posters
|Doctoral Symposium Posters|
|Advanced Computational Techniques for Model-based Prognostics under Scarce Degradation Information
Yang Hu– Politecnico de Milano
|Development of New Methodology and Tools for Planetary Gearbox Fault Diagnostics and Prognostics
Jae Yoon – The University of Illinois-Chicago
|Intelligent Fault Diagnosis and Prognosis for Wind Turbine Generators
Chao Wang– Aalborg University
|Fault Diagnosis and Fault Tolerant Control with Application to Quadrotors
Remus Avram– Wright State University
|Fast Feature Selection Algorithms for Fault Diagnosis in Rotating Machinery
Francisco Boldt– Federal University of State of Espirito Santo
|Residual Selection in Dynamic Systems
Hamed Khorasgani– Vanderbilt University
|Freight Rail Car Roller Bearing Diagnostics
Dan Maraini– Villanova University
|Multiphysics-based Model for Prognostics in a Planetary Transmission
Adrian Cubillo– Cranfield University
|A Systematic Approach for Adaptive Health Prognostic and Autonomous Knowledge Discovery of Industrial Systems
Shanhu Yang– University of Cincinnati
|Systems Architecture Analysis of Cost and Availability for Health Monitoring Enabled Condition-based Maintenance and Logistics in USAF Aircraft
Robert Vandawaker– Air Force Institute of Technology
Application Submission Process
The PHM Society Doctoral Symposium will be held as a workshop on 29 September, 2014. In order to participate, submit the following documents to the Doctoral Symposium Chairs (firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org) via email by 05 May, 2014 with the following:
- Three-page abstract describing your thesis topic (must be PHM related). Every abstract needs to follow the conference paper submission template in Word or Latex. Links to templates and example abstracts can be found here on the webpage. The abstract must include the following:
- Concise statement of the problem addressed
- Expected contributions to the field
- Proposed research plan, including work already performed and preliminary results
To allow sufficient time for discussions, the organizing committee will select up to 10 students (maximum 2 selections per academic institution). Students in early stages of research (at least two years remaining) will be given preference.
Each selected full-time student will receive free registration and a travel subsidy of up to $1,500 USD covering:
- Meals not provided by conference (per diem applies)
- Accommodation (shared hotel room for entire conference)
- Transporation (airfare, transport to/from airport)
All selected students are required to present a poster of their research, and their abstracts will appear in the conference proceedings.
All students attending the conference are invited to attend the Doctoral Symposium even if they are not presenting their work. The Symposium is an excellent opportunity to connect with other students in the field and to benefit from advice and insights from the expert panel.
We accept submissions from any topics relevant to the conference. The evaluation will be based on the quality and completeness of the submission package, stage of research (preferably at the early stage of the research so that constructive feedback from the panel can be incorporated into the thesis), and on the perceived research potential of the candidate. Notification of acceptance will be provided by 07 July, 2014. Accepted candidates will receive detailed instructions regarding preparation for their presentation at the Doctoral Symposium.
Please note the following:
- Students who participated in previous Doctoral Symposiums are not eligible to participate again this year.
- Travel reimbursement and free registration is only available to full-time students. Part-time graduate students who are employed in the industry are welcome to participate, but they will not be eligible for travel reimbursement and free registration.