[Download Call for Special Issue]
The International Journal of Prognostics and Health Management (IJPHM) is the premier online open access journal related to multidisciplinary research on Prognostics, Diagnostics, and System Health Management. This special issue is focused on research advances in condition monitoring, diagnostic, and prognostic technologies and infrastructure enabling smart manufacturing operations.
Manufacturing is an integral part of the world’s economy and has been experiencing a revitalization in the United States in the last decade. Likewise, consumers are demanding greater product variety, customization, and more immediate availability. To keep up with these changing demands, manufacturers must promote reconfigurable and dynamic operations. Smart manufacturing is emerging as the new backbone of factory operations to enable fluid integration of new and legacy physical and virtual technologies to permit dynamic processes necessary to accommodate high product variability and volatility.
Complex system, sub-system, and component interactions within smart manufacturing systems make it challenging to determine specific influences of each on process faults and failures. Understanding the failure modes, detecting precursors to failure, tracking degradation mechanisms, and predicting the remaining useful life of components and systems is vital to the success of smart manufacturing operations. This CFP solicits papers that discuss the development of new and augmenting existing smart manufacturing PHM techniques; highlight measurement techniques capable of verifying and validating smart manufacturing PHM; and spotlight emerging hardware and software that can be leveraged in support of smart manufacturing PHM.
Topics of Interest:
- PHM techniques and metrics
- Condition monitoring of equipment and processes
- Advanced sensing, sensor fusion, and analysis
- Data collection, management, and dissemination
- Hierarchical scheduling and control through equipment- to factory-wide PHM
- Test scenarios and use cases of PHM techniques
- Predictive and risk-based maintenance practices
- Uncertainty quantification, verification and validation of PHM techniques
- PHM applications within manufacturing (e.g. machine tools, robotics)
- Human performance and reliability issues
- Integration of PHM elements into new and legacy systems
Abstract/NOI Deadline Feb 15, 2016
February 9, 2016 March 09, 2016 (extended)
All submission types are invited for this issue. Please refer to submission guidelines & templates.
Special Issue Editors:
Philip Freeman (Technical Fellow, Boeing Research & Technology, The Boeing Company, USA)
Jay Lee (Director, Center for Intelligent Maintenance Systems and Ohio Eminent Scholar, L.W. Scott Alter Chair Professor, and Distinguished Univ. Professor, University of Cincinnati, USA)
Radu Pavel (Chief Technology Officer, TechSolve, Inc., USA)
Brian A. Weiss (Associate Program Manager, Smart Manufacturing Operations Planning and Control andProject Leader, Prognostics and Health Management for Smart Manufacturing Systems, National Institute of Standards and Technology, USA)
- Prepare a manuscript as per journal guidelines
- Create a submission through the website
- Select submission target as "IJPHM", a dropdown menu will appear to select "Publication Issue".
- Select "Special Issue Smart manufacturing PHM" option
- provide all authors names and other details for the paper including the manuscript.
Invitation to Present:
Accepted papers are eligible for podium presentation at Annual Conference of the PHM Society, Denver 2016, Colorado Springs, CO, USA