[Download Call for Special Issue]
Submission Deadline April 14, 2017
All submission types are invited for this issue. Please refer to submission guidelines & templates.
The International Journal of Prognostics and Health Management (IJPHM) is the premier online open access journal related to multidisciplinary research on Prognostics, Diagnostics, and System Health Management. This special issue is focused on research advances in condition monitoring, diagnostic, and prognostic technologies enhancing maintenance of railway infrastructure assets.
Nowadays, about 50 percent of the life cycle costs of railway infrastructures are made up by maintenance costs. In addition, rising demands on railroad infrastructure operators by means of profitability and punctuality call for advanced concepts of Prognostics and Health Management.
Condition based preventive maintenance aims at strengthening the rail mode of transport through an optimized scheduling of maintenance actions based on the actual and prognosticated infrastructure condition. Prerequisite therefore is the almost continuous condition monitoring for thousands of kilometers of railway tracks as well as ten thousands of technical systems and sub-systems. The rapidly expanding possibilities for embedded sensors in all types of technical components as well as in-line railway vehicles are the key enabler for condition based preventive maintenance in large and distributed railway networks. This CFP solicits papers that discuss the development of advanced sensor-based condition monitoring, smart data management, intelligent diagnostic data analysis, degradation models, condition prognosis and maintenance scheduling for railway systems. All systems concerned that will benefit from PHM are of interest such as infrastructure (track geometry/rail condition, point machines), rolling stock (brake pads, diesel engines, traction motors, wheel health, real-time monitoring /event analysis), signaling equipment, etc.
Topics of Interest:
- PHM techniques and metrics
- Advanced sensing, sensor fusion, and analysis Data collection, management, and dissemination
- Test scenarios and use cases of PHM techniques
- Advanced data analytics for railways and mass transportation
- Human performance and reliability issues
- Test scenarios and use cases of PHM techniques in railways and mass transportation
- Predictive and risk-based maintenance practices
- Uncertainty quantification, verification and validation of PHM techniques
- Integration of PHM elements into new and legacy systems
- Challenges (business and technical) in PHM deployment in railways and mass transportation
December 11, 2016 December 23, 2016 (extended)
(Please submit a brief Abstract or send an email to editors indicating your interest in submitting a paper by the submission deadline)
Submission Deadline April 14, 2017
Special Issue Editors:
Prof. John Andrews (University of Nottingham, UK)
Mr. Thomas Böhm (DLR)
Mr. Sumit Das (GE Transportation)
Dr. Pierre Dersin (PHM Director, ALSTOM Digital Mobility)
Prof. Rolf Dollevoet (TU Delft)
Dr. Jörn Groos (DLR)
Mr. Paul Nistler, P.E (GE Transportation, USA)
Dr. Rene Schenkendorf (Technische Universität Braunschweig)
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Eckehard Schnieder (Technische Universität Braunschweig)
Dr. Michal Wlasenko (Warsaw Institute of Aviation & GE Transportation, Poland)
- Prepare a manuscript as per journal guidelines
- Create a submission through the website
- Select submission target as "IJPHM", a dropdown menu will appear to select "Publication Issue".
- Select "Special Issue Railway System and Mass Transportation" option
- provide all authors names and other details for the paper including the manuscript.
Invitation to Present:
Accepted papers are eligible for podium presentation at Annual Conference of the PHM Society 2017, St. Petersburg, Florida , USA - October 2-5, 2017